Shut In Style | Lilac Lockdown


There's just something about spring dressing, isn't there?

When the evenings start getting gradually lighter and the temperature creeps above 'very freaking cold' so you don't have to keep choosing comfort over style.

I'm a chilly mortal and I feel the cold a lot, so from September onwards I'm usually swathed in thermal tights, long sleeved Heatgen tops and quilted coats like some kind of suburban mum Michelin man.

It feels good to break free of that and slip into something a bit lighter.



Stone Roses t-shirt | Amplified 
Lilac tailored trousers | M&S Collection
Silver pointed loafers | Carvela
Grey leopard clutch | Kurt Geiger
Bee print headband | Amazon

In general, I'm pretty monochrome when it comes to dressing, so I set myself a challenge last year to start introducing a bit more colour into my wardrobe. This pair of lilac tailored trousers definitely ticks that box!

Lilac is actually a shade that I really like wearing, but it can be hard to find. Perhaps it's the fact that all my childhood Barbies came decked out in swathes of the shade, but it just makes me happy.

Of course these trousers are ideal for the office, not that that is a possibility any time soon.

For the lockdown life, I chose instead to pair them with one of my favourite band tshirts. My son also has a little mini version of this, so we can twin, which I'm determined to get in while he's still little enough not to die of embarrassment at matching his mama!

These tasselled Carvela loafers are a shoe I love - I also have them in a nude colour too. They're really smart with a pointed toe but ultimately comfy to wear.

I just don't do ouchy shoes at all, so when I find something great that doesn't torture my feet it's a definite go. I'll suffer a lot of things in the name of style, but apparently sore feet aren't one of them!

I added this grey leopard clutch, which I've had for ages, and also have in a different colour. Kurt Geiger used to do these really great, simple pouch bags that I loved at the time, for their chic simplicity.

And just to push things over the top, I added this silk bee print headband. I wore this a lot last summer in Italy, so I guess it's now a reminder of happier times. Hopefully we'll get back there sometime.

Lockdown is a challenging time, but I believe that getting dressed up can really enhance your mood.

Let's share our shut in style and feel good together - we may not be able to show up, but we can still dress up.

Stay safe, stay kind. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments